Join the team at KBS.
Interested in joining the team? Reach out here by telling us why you’d make an awesome addition to KBSCFO.
In a nutshell, what does KBS do?
KBS CFO is a proud provider of CFO, Controller, and the full range of accounting department services to growing business. Unlike many other organizations that provide solutions when they are not performing audit or tax functions, our sole focus is, and has been since 2004, the success, growth, and sustainability of our clients. We are a one-stop solution, addressing the financial and technology elements of running a growing business in today’s world.
What types of services do we have an opportunity to provide to our clients?
Some offerings include:
- Outsourced CFO (strategic and anticipatory)
- Controller Solutions (supervision)
- Reporting, planning, and strategy
- Accounting department solutions
- eCommerce advisory
- Virtual office/technology project management
What types of clients does KBS serve?
We work with businesses that have 1-20 employees, with annual revenues between $500K -$15MM. We strive to develop strong relationships with our clients and make every effort to contribute to their success. Our clients are across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, e-commerce, professional services, breweries and spirits-related industries, plus start-ups and serial entrepreneurs across all verticals.
What are some of the benefits of working for KBS?
We’re proud that our team enjoys the following benefits:
- A variety of work assignments and an emphasis on learning and growing professionally.
- Results Oriented Work Environment (ROWE): your work schedule is determined by you. Individuals are encouraged to work where and when (within some constraints) they are most productive.
- Virtual work environment. Using technology solutions as they evolve and change, KBS is set up to fully support a virtual work environment (and has been providing this option since 2004).
- Free parking and casual work attire. For those choosing to work at our Kensington office, the attire is casual, parking is free, and public transportation is close by.
- Opportunities for challenging work, with current technology solutions.
- As a small and growing business, the responsibilities for individuals are customized based on individual’s strengths, capabilities, and nature of clients acquired.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team.
- Opportunities to impact and be a part of the future direction of KBS.
Do I need to live near Kensington, Maryland to apply?
Nope! As a virtual workplace employer, KBS is open to hiring individuals that live outside of the Washington DC Metro region. Please note there will be periodic requirements (3-4 per year) to connect in person.
What are some of the core beliefs of KBS?
A few of our core values that create the culture of KBS include:
- Migration towards the “firm of the future model” is required to help small and growing businesses stay competitive.
- The rate of learning must keep up, or exceed, the rate of change (a concept attributed to a MACPA thought leader, Tom Hood).
- A Results Oriented Work Environment (ROWE) trumps a specific workplace and 9-5 schedule.
- Our environment is a precious resource and reducing commuting costs and paper usage is one small way to make a difference.
- Accounting information provides a lens into the future and insight
into the past.
- Accounting skills are a vital element to an organization’s
sustainability and success.
Who owns KBS?
It is solely owned and operated by Chief Executive Officer and Founder Robin Thieme, CITP.CGMA. We have been in business since 2004. Kensington Business Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.