In a nutshell, what does KBS do?
We are a boutique Outsourced CFO and Accounting Department solution provider of CFO, Controller and the other required Client Accounting Services roles required to support a small, growing business in today’s economy
What types of services do we have an opportunity to provide to our clients?
- Outsourced CFO (strategic and anticipatory)/Controller Solutions (supervision)
- Accounting department solutions
- eCommerce advisory
- Virtual office/Technology Project Management
What types of clients does KBS serve?
Our firm primarily works with business in the following industries:
- Serial Entrepreneurs
- Professional services
- Breweries and spirits-related industries
The business sizes range from 1-20 employees, with revenues on average between $500K- $15MM. We strive to develop strong relationships with our clients where we make every effort to contribute to their success.
What are some of the core beliefs of KBS?
A few of our core values that create the culture of KBS include:
- Accounting information provides a lens into the future, in addition to insight into the past.
- Migration towards the firm of the future model is required to both help small and growing businesses and to stay competitive.
- The rate of learning must keep up, or exceed, the rate of change (a concept attributed to a MACPA thought leader, Tom Hood.
- Results Oriented Work Environment (ROWE) trumps specific workplace and 9-5 schedule.
- Accounting skills are a vital element to an organization’s sustainability and success.
- Our environment is a precious resource and reducing commuting costs and paper usage is one small way to make a difference.
What are some of the benefits of working for KBS?
Employees working for KBS appreciate the following benefits:
- Variety of work assignments and an emphasis on learning and growing professionally.
- Results Oriented Work Environment (ROWE)- Work schedules are determined by employees. Individuals are encouraged to work where and when (within some constraints) they are most productive.
- Virtual work environment. Using technology solutions as they evolve and change, KBS is set up to fully support a virtual work environment (and has been providing this option since 2004).
- Free parking and casual work attire. For those choosing to work at our Kensington office, the attire is casual, parking is free, and public transportation is close by.
- Opportunities for challenging work, with current technology solutions.
- As a small and growing business, the responsibilities for individuals are customized based on individual’s strengths, capabilities, and nature of clients acquired.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team.
- Opportunities to impact and be a part of the future direction of KBS.
Do I need to live close to Kensington, Maryland to apply?
No. As a virtual workplace employer, KBS is open to hiring individuals that live outside of the Washington DC Metro region. Please note there will be periodic requirements (3-4 per year) to connect in person.
Who owns KBS?
It is solely owned and operated by Chief Executive Officer and Founder Robin Thieme, CITP.CGMA. We have been in business since 2004. Kensington Business Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.